Nepal-US Alumni Network (NUSAN) is a network of U.S. exchange alumni who are committed to bring ideas, leadership, and innovation together to create positive impact in the society.
Eligibility to be the member
Nepalese participants who took part in U.S. federal government-sponsored exchange programs like Access, Community Solutions Program, East-West Center, Fulbright, GES, IVLP, Humphrey, SUSI, TEA, and similar programs are eligible to become member of NUSAN.
- To enhance the cooperation and harmony between Nepali members of different USG exchange programs, the people of Nepal and the United States, as well as USG alumni of other nations;
- To exchange ideas and opinions among USG alumni and to promote the meaningful interaction amongst the same;
- To utilize the experiences and lessons learned from USG exchange programs for the betterment of Nepal and the United States by conducting programs connected to the professional engagement of the alumni;
- To encourage the capacity of the diverse cultures and communities residing within Nepal by identifying links to meet the common interest of the diverse cultures and community residing in the United States;
- To offer insights to U.S. Embassy Kathmandu and exchange views with U.S. officials on issues concerning the evolution of the Nepal-U.S. relationship.
NUSAN's area of Work
- To organize campaigns, dialogues, workshops and other networking activities on contemporary issues to engage and strengthen Nepal's USG program alumni community;
- To collaborate with other domestic and regional like-minded organizations on programs and activities on topics of common interest;
- To facilitate the visits of similar organizations abroad to hone the expertise of the alumni as well as to promote regional connectivity;
- To publish bulletins, newsletters, and other promotional materials about the organization's activities;
- To communicate among members with methods that harness and best utilize modern information technology